In the Iphone game Kingdoms Live, I am Muad’Dib (2ps1r) in the GOW clan. I have been playing for 2 years, almost since the game came out in the first place. I am level 122 with 15 million and hour in income and I did that without spending more than a few bucks on the game. We just won a war which is exciting, but I also invited a friend who just received an Android phone to get into the game. I hope he continues and we can recruit him sometime. Regardless, I wanted to provide some tips for new players into the dynamics of the game before you start really building your profile.
(1) When you start out – you will find that just about everything in the game revolves around gold. Mana is pretty much useless because in later levels the weapons you receive by doing quests (which use mana to complete) are not as good as what you can buy. By having a strong cash flow you will be strong. So when choosing your character traits try to pick what makes more gold in the long run.
(2) Learn the art of the camp. I have a little level 11 account on my wife’s ipod which already has 700,000 gold an hour. When you first start, your measly 15 – 300 gold an hour seems paltry. But one maxim that gets you everywhere is this: “Patience is currency”. See your growth in terms of months, not in days. Often a one or two month “camp” (no gear and doing nothing but buying land – which you can’t do until level 7) is a good thing to do. You will have all Lands available at level 60 – so some people can get away with leveling how they wish until level 60 and then super camping for three or four months to gain land. Fighting is fun, but only if you can win, and to win you need weapons, and to have weapons you need lots of land. Don’t skimp or you’ll be bulldozered out of the game.
(3) Before you join a clan, realize that good clans have requirements. A clan is a group of players that have banded up to fight others or defend their mates. If your clan doesn’t have requirements (like level 25 to start and good land for your level) you will end up in a war and your clan falling apart around you. There are main clans in KL that you can join that have strong players. Mine is Gods of War or GOW with the flame. There is also Legion lead by Meataxe, there is TheDachosen1s led by the Alien symbol, There are the Immortals, Armageddon, Justice Dealers, FOMA led by Warlord, the Guard is still out there, There is TTB, and more insidiously there is Chaos, Sin City, LOC among others. Surf the clan before you join up. You don’t want to have to spend time if the clan isn’t worth the join.
(4) Watch where you put your skill points. In this game you really don’t need much more than 150 health to do well. I have 160 and just use gold to heal whenever I wish to attack more. Also, don’t put much into Mana. I wouldn’t put more than 40 into mana because in the long run there is only one useful Quest in the “Forest” quests called Kill Spiders in the Woods. That gives you 28 experience for 19 mana, which is the best deal. At early levels you can really level up fast with that. In the beginning you will want more defense points, but later in the game you will need more attack points to break through armor. Though many players put even points to attack and defend-it might be fun to make a canon (all attack) or fortress (all defense) account. Or if you have two accounts build one of each. I have a high level of defense, but an even higher level of attack. My mana is low and so is my health and I have a good amount of spirit to lay into an enemy. Feel out what you need, but don’t get too unbalanced. Some players put tons of money into health and end up getting trashed at the end and just reset. Don’t let that player be you.
(5) Make friends that are like you. There are lots of terds out there, so make sure that you have a few people you like to hang with. Almost all players use the chat App on their phones called Palringo. Google search it or download it because most clans have public rooms to talk out of game. Just ask for the room to talk in, add it in Palringo, and you can private message or talk in the public rooms. GoWs is KL_GOW. Come and say hey if you like. We are often chatting.
Overall – never forget to have fun. You are immortal in the game. One way to lose is to lose your head. It isn’t worth it and if you get trashed it is okay. Your enemy will get bored if you don’t get mad and move on. Then you can build stronger and come back. Good luck! I hope this helps someone.
Here are my other KL posts from the past:
Summary of My Kingdoms Live Helps:
If there is anything I missed feel free to add it in comments below.